Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Counting Crows

So today tickets went on sale for a Counting Crows show in a relatively small venue called the Ambassador, I got tickets which I'm pretty happy about. two things i noticed though...
1. I got seated tickets....this says a lot. it's the first time i've ever intentionally bought seated tickets for a gig. i'm getting old.
2. I've seen the counting crows about 20 times at this stage. yes, completely rediculous I know. I don't know what to notice about that except they better play an exceptional setlist. 20 times seeing a band, is a lot of time, energy and cash. and the funny thing is that the first two times i saw them, that was in 1997 which equals more than 10 years ago which scares me silly, were the best times. the show in 2000 was pretty awesome too. this one better be as good. I often imagine meeting adam duritz (again, i met him in 97 and he was a very cool guy) and he asks me did i enjoy the show and i for some reason thinking he'll think i'm awesome tell him "yeah, it was a great show, it was up there with the show i saw in 97 which was the first of 20 shows i've seen you play - i'm so your biggest fan". he would say "thats awesome man", while under his breath whispering to his guitarist Dave (who i'd rather talk to anyway) "loser".