Saturday, April 5, 2008

Who am I?

Inspired by the book I'm reading at the moment ("Seeing is Believing" by Greg Boyd) I figured I'd write down who I really am. I think a lot of christians spend their time saying how bad they are and while yes we are absolutely sinners, however for those of us who have place our trust and hope in King Jesus he doesn't just rescue us from eternal death; he gives us a completely new identity. God could do nothing more for us than what he has already done; he has placed us in Christ (Rom 8:1; 1 Cor 1:30; 2 Cor 5:17; Gal 3:28; Eph 1:3)

My old self is dead. All that is ugly and sinful and contrary to God has been crucified. GONE. (Rom 6:2-11; Gal 2:20)

I am completely forgiven. Perfected for all time and COMPLETELY reconciled to God. (1 Cor 1:2; 2 Cor 5:17-19; Gal 2:16; Eph 1:4, 7-8; 2:13; 4:32; Col 2:13-14; Heb 10:14)

I am completely made new and given Christs eternal resurrected life (2 Cor 5:17; Eph 2:5-6, 10, Col 2:13; 3:1; 1 Peter 1:3-5)

I am a temple of the most high God (1 Cor 6:19) as a result of the indwelling of the Spirit of Jesus the Spirit of Almighty God (2 Cor 13:5; Gal 2:20; Eph 3:17; Col 1:27)

I have been redeemed and am set free from the curse of the law (Gal 3:13; 5:1; Col 2:13-15)

I am seated "in heavenly places" and made a partaker of the eternal inheritance Christ purchased for me (Eph 1:3-11;2:6; 3:6)

I am hidden with Christ and united with Christ (Rom 6:5; 1 Cor 6:17; Col 3:3) As a result of this I am a participant in the eternal love that flows within the triune Godhead (John 17:20-24; 2 Peter 1:4)

God the Father has completely redifined my state of being. Whereas once I was in Adam and was "by nature a child of wrath" (Eph 2:3; 1 Cor 15:22; Rom 5:15-19) now I am in Christ and I am a recipient of the very same eternal, PERFECT love he has for his Son (John 17: 23, 26)

The Father has chosen me and made me "holy and blameless before Him in love." He loves me and lavishes on me "his glorious grace" as he relates to me as I am "in the Beloved," Jesus Christ (Eph 1:3-6) This means that the relationship God has with me is now defined by the eternal, unsurpassable, loving relationship he has with his own eternal Son!!!

Even when everything around me, and me myself tell me I'm "NOT", the above is who I truly am, for this is what my loving heavenly Father says about me.

He is so good.

3 comments:

Hoey said...

Absolutely awesome post. Praise God for the truth of all that. We forget it FAR too easily. When we know, understand and - to use Boyd's own phrase - have these truths as our experienced self-identity, it can genuinely change our behaviour and set us free.

jeremy zach said...

Greg is the man!!! Awesome post. I read this book about two years ago, and I fell in love. Now you look at my bookshelf and I have a shelf solely devoted to Greg Boyd.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,