Tuesday, May 27, 2008

John...

My Grandad passed away this morning. Our Abba Father was all over the situation and we give thanks for how he brought things to pass. Death is not from God, however I know that he helped my grandad in his last few days by keeping him from pain and making the situation quick. I was praying that death wouldn't be thrust upon him, but that an angel would come and take him. It felt like that's what happened. He had people who loved him dearly around him when he passed which is so nice. He lived a long life and I'm so glad that he no longer has to miss my granny so much, he can be with her now and perhaps tell her all the things he's wanted to say for the last 15 years. He kindof had two last words to say to me which sum him up. I think he knew it was the last time he'd see us properly and he grabbed my hand as I was leaving and said "I love you and I hope you have a long life and happy marriage together"....he then proceeded to say to Jane "make sure he gets his hair cut!'. I love him dearly and I'll miss him.

"Death has been swallowed up in victory."
...thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Cor: 15: 54b&57

He makes all things new...