Monday, June 9, 2008

EURO 2008


before things get interesting I figure I should give my prediction. As always, I hope for a great tournament and there are a few tasty matches lined up but they usually disappoint. this afternoons France v Romania is a prime example. Probably the worst game of football EVER. Let's hope Holland v Italy tonight is better.
Anyways, my eye is on Spain. I know they are the perennial underperformers in tournaments but I just have a sneaky suspicion about them. well, its more than that, any team with a midfield of Fábregas, Xavi, Iniesta and Xabi Alonso is pretty exceptional in my books. And with Torres, Villa and Güiza up front, they have an exceptional team. I really really hope they don't loose to Germany in the final, but we all know the Germans are going to perform, especially if any of their games go to penalties.
I wouldn't mind Portugal winning, they've lost Figo, Costinha and Pauleta, but they do have Cristiano Ronaldo, Nuno Gomes, Simão and Deco. they could play some sweet football to watch. I don't know if I'm going to watch as many games as I usually do during these tournaments, but hopefully I'll get to see the big games in the first round and most in the knock-out stages.