Friday, July 11, 2008

Counting Crows Ambassador, Dublin. July 10th 2008



Went to see Counting Crows last night. A solid gig. Better than expected and much better than the last time I saw them. 23 songs is a great number by their standards, it used to be about 16. Less talk, more songs as Mr. Duritz said himself last night. A pretty varied setlist with at least 2 songs from each album represented. The sound wasn't the best and it was also pretty frustrating that the singer constantly varies the melody. People want to sing along, so make it easy for them please! There is a tangible sadness all over that man which comes through so evidently in his songs. Sometimes you want to slap him and tell him to chill out and get over it, and other times you want to sit him down; I wouldn't hug him cause he sweats like your mother, but I'd love to tell him that things don't have to be like that. There's a man called Jesus who wants to fix you if you'll let him. 20 times and probably counting (no pun intended) and I STILL haven't seen time & time again live. I've seen every song from every album (except some from the new one) EXCEPT one my my very favourites Millers Angels and Time & Time Again, maybe some day!! Here's the setlist...

When I Dream of Michaelangelo
Up All Night
Hangin Tree
Mr. Jones
Black And Blue
Cowboys
Good Time
High Life
Catapult
Sundays
Insignificant
Colorblind
Washington Square
Children In Bloom
Round Here
Goodnight L.A.
Come Around
Big Yellow Taxi
A Long December
Hanginaround
---------------
On A Tuesday In Amsterdam Long Ago
Hard Candy
Holiday In Spain

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at the gig too last night and as it was my first time seeing them ( and I'm an avid fan ) I thought the whole gig was unbelievable !!! So much enthusiasm and energy from what is in my opinion, one of the best showmen on stage I have ever seen even if i am a bit biased!! There was one downside to the gig and it had nothing to do with the singing or the performance, was the heat in the Ambassador. My Jesus, someone needs to have a good think about installing an air con system!!

Joan said...

i just went on your page to ask you what you thought, and here is what you thought! they played loads of songs, just 2 from Joans top 10, but joan was not disappointed nonetheless. and he does need a hug and an air conditioning system. i hope chrissy and i's loud singing didnt annoy you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yes, thanks

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,