Thursday, August 28, 2008

A tough draw...



The Champions League Draw was made earlier today and I'm officially scared. I don't blog much about my love of football. Perhaps I should, perhaps most people would be bored by reading about it though.

Liverpool (the team I support) have a hard draw. PSV, Marseille and Athletico Madrid. Our current form hasn't been good, however I'm very optimistic purely because the last three games are games we should not have won, but we did. That has to be an encouragement as last year we would have only drawn them. Our spirit has been very good and I'm hoping it'll transform into some good play and consistency on the pitch. We will probably get through the group stages, but there will be the usual last minute goal or two at anfield to keep me on my toes!

Cheslea will definitely get through to the next stage. Arsenal could be a casualty; if I was a betting man I'd have money on them not progressing. Man United have it harder than they'll expect, Celtic might actually be quite pleased with their draw, although United will progress. The Champions League is a cracking competition and I'm looking forward to it starting. I don't know if I'll get to see many games, but I'll be following it very very closely. Here's the draw.

Group A
CHELSEA
Roma
Bordeaux
CFR Cluj

Group B
Inter Milan
Werder Bremen
Panathinaikos
Anorthosis Famagusta

Group C
Barcelona
Sporting Lisbon
Basel
Shakhtar Donetsk

Group D
LIVERPOOL
PSV Eindhoven
Marseille
Atletico Madrid

Group E
MAN UTD
Villarreal
Celtic
Aalborg

Group F
Lyon
Bayern Munich
Steaua Bucharest
Fiorentina

Group G
ARSENAL
Porto
Fenerbahce
Dynamo Kiev

Group H
Real Madrid
Juventus
Zenit St Petersburg
Bate Borisov