Tuesday, September 30, 2008

2 must have albums in my world

So good to finally get some good music this year.




I'm loving the new Metallica album. Full of meaty riffs and cracking guitar solo's. A million times better than St. Anger. The only minor blip on the album is track 7 "The Unforgiven III", I'm not too keen on it; but the rest of the album is a breath of fresh air in the realm of good proper rock.




The fourth album from the Kings of Leon and they arguably get better. I'm loving this album. You can see some huge influences from U2 on he album, that doesn't bother me though. As Bono says "every poet is a thief". The only slight blip in the album is again track 7 "17", I'm not mad into it, but the rest is 10/10. I'm going to see them in december with my lovely wife and can't wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ferg,

This is David (not Adrian's Son) Rogers who posts occasionally (and much less lately) over at dennyburk.com

I have Metallica's black album. Is "Death Magnetic" musically much different? In general, I've had the opinion that one Metallica album is enough to capture their sound. Am I wrong here? I know some Metallica fans would be ready to beat me up, but is Death Magnetic different enough and good enough to be worth spending money on, or should I use the same money to buy the NT use of the OT 3 views book? I already have a book which explores that issue a bit.

Thanks

Ferg said...

Hi David,
Thanks for stopping by. 2 great question there. 1 more important than the other; that being...a book or the new metallica cd.
I really enjoy the 4 (3 in this case) view books, so it will probably be a good read). I'd personally go for the book - but I'd also recommend "Face to Face with God" by Bill Johnson - a wonderful book.
If you have a spare $10 (that's all it is on amazon) I'd buy the metallica record. I think it's different to the black album in that the songs are much less radio friendly; they are all on average 8 minutes long with pretty long musical intro's.
If you like your quick radio rock songs it mightn't be for you; but if you like for example "the call of ktulu" from ride the lightning and the live S & M album (I'd get that double live album over anything) you'll like Death Magnetic.

But as I write this I now think I should tell you to buy Charlie Hall's new ablum "The Bright Sadness" - much more edifying and enjoyable than any Metallica album!!

Take care David.

Ferg

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info.

While I may not post that much anymore over at dennyburk.com I do read it fairly regularly and I do note what you say

Take care,

David

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,