Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Cardinals - Dublin, November 8th 2008



I love Ryan Adams. He has only disappointed me once, a gig a few years ago that was horrendous, but I blame that on his album 'Rock n Roll' which is equally horrendous so I shouldn't have expected anything else. 1 bad album out of 10 (13 if you include whiskeytown) isn't a bad return.
Another time I saw him was without doubt one of my favourite gigs of all time. Tonight, while it was not as good as that, it didn't disappoint. It was a very solid performance from a band that has obviously gelled very well and has written some killer tunes together. A great sound, pretty honky tonk but one can't really go wrong with that as we all love a bit of twang now and then! Highlights for me were reworked versions of please do not let me go, desire, wonderwall, come pick me up, and i see monsters. A few more older solo songs and maybe a Whiskeytown song would have made this a truly stellar performance. My wife loved it, I'm starting to wonder has she more honky tonk in her than she's letting on! Here's the setlist. 27 songs is good going for a gig.


1. Cobwebs
2. Everybody Knows
3. Born into a Light
4. Please do not Let Me Go
5. Fix It
6. Natural Ghost
7. Goodnight Rose
8. Off Broadway
9. Wonderwall
10. I Taught Myself how to Grow Old
11. Sun Also Sets
12. Come Pick Me Up
13. Grand Island
14. Go Easy
15. Sink Ships
16. Crossed Out Name
17. Stars Go Blue
18. Let it Ride
19. Desire
20. Evergreen
21. Cold Roses
-------------------------
22. Freeway to the Canyon
23. Like Yesterday
24. La Cienega
25. Stop
26. Two
27. I See Monsters

3 comments:

J Crombs said...

Thanks for the review, I'm watching them in Manchester tomorrow night and cant wait. Just hope he doesnt change the set list too much. Le Cienga i have been waiting to hear for years. I would mind Come Pick Me Up.

Do they come on stage from 8 onwards?

Ferg said...

They came on at about 8:20 and left at 10:35.
Hope it's a good one at Manchester. La Cienga was brilliant. They didn't change it much which was great.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,