Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kings of Leon: The o2 Dublin December 19th 2008



First gig for me (& Jane) in the new Point Depot, now called the o2. It still looks like a home depot from the outside, however it's very impressive on the inside. It appears to be much bigger than the old venue, it now holds 13,000 people and despite the fact that we were pretty much in the rafters (the photo attests to that) our view was very very good and the seats were really comfortable.
On to the more important information; the gig. It was excellent. A really enjoyable gig with a very solid setlist. When you look at the list of songs and realise how good they all are it makes for impressive reading and even more impressive listening. They are a very tight band who pretty play song after song without much crowd interaction. I don't mind that so much, especially as all the songs were winners.
Highlights were opener 'crawl', 'king of the rodeo', listening to 13,000 irish people sing that strange accent that Mr. Followill has along to 'milk', actually I'll end up listing most of the songs if I list the highlights. I should add that the light show was extremely impressive.
Let me add two lowlights, 1. no arizona, it's been on the setlist for the whole tour until the last 3 weeks, oh well. and 2. Mr. Followill telling us that we were the best crowd of the tour. Does he really think we fall for that one? 'seriously you guys, it's been a really hard tour (he had previously told us it was the best year of their lives!?) and we have wondered sometimes how we'll keep doing it and keep going through the motions, but then we come to a place like this and well....we wish this was the last night of the tour. This has been the best show and you've been the best crowd'.
Us Irish suckers lapped it up and applauded our greatness. Perhaps I'm too cynical so maybe it was a highlight for them, I hope so. I know that I loved it and was thoroughly impressed.


1. Closer
2. Crawl
3. My Party
4. Razz
5. Molly's Chambers
6. King of the Rodeo
7. Joe's Head
8. Fans
9. Revelry
10. Milk
11. Four Kicks
12. Pistol Of Fire
13. Wasted Time
14. Sex On Fire
15. The Bucket
16. Notion
17. Use Somebody
18. On Call
19. Cold Desert
20. Trani

------------------------
21. Knocked Up
22. Charmer
23. Slow Night, So long
24. Black Thumbnail

2 comments:

Aoife said...

I too thought he was jsut feeding us the same old "you guys are the best crowd ever" line until I spoke to the KOL sound guy when I went back in for my cousin's jacket after the place had cleared out. I recognised him off the Home Videos and went over to say hi, told him I thought the gig was amazing and he said "To be perfectly honest with you and I'm not just saying this cos you've just said that but tonight was a personal highlight for everyone, crew and band. Don't think i've ever seen them play that well before"
So perhps not all bullshit form Caleb afterall.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,