Monday, December 1, 2008

What comes out when you're squeezed?!

It's been a while.
The last few weeks have been tough. Work has been really hard as well as a schedule that has been filled to the brim. And I'm covered in the most horribly itchy and dreadful scabs and sores! yep, a break out of eczema. enough to send me insane trying to not scratch. Still I have never felt closer to Jesus and for that I'm so incredibly thankful.
Two things I've been really thinking about.
1. It's times like this when most of who I am is exposed. I've been squeezed a lot (metaphorically that is!) and I keep praying that Jesus will come out - not me. When people reject me will pride come out, or humility. When I'm extra tired will I get grumpy or will patience ooze out. You see where I'm going with this. Think about it for yourself. Is Jesus all over you in ever season or just in certain areas at certain times?
2. It's times like these when I realise that it's not a matter of having to love people, it's a matter of getting to love people. Because of what Jesus has done I need to have the attitude that it is more than a privilege to serve and love people. It's not just a command, it's something that brings delight to our Father when we treat his children as he wants them treated by us.

I'm trying.

3 comments:

Brian Krieger said...

Ferg:

I like your post. While your title is a wee bit disturbing ;-), you also reminded me of a story I heard about Nazi Germany. I will very briefly paraphrase (I don't recall where I read or heard this first). Two women were sent to a concentration camp. They were tired, hungry, beaten, etc. by the time they got there. When they went into the bunks, they laid down for welcomed sleep but were met with stinging and biting. Fleas! One of them looks at the other and says let's pray and thank God for the fleas. We're to give thanks in all circumstances. The other woman said that was insane, but the first insisted. So they knelt down to pray. After a few weeks, the two women discovered that the guards wouldn't come into the barracks because of the fleas. So they were able to hold studies, prayer and whatever worship they could there without fear of reprisal from the guards. Ah, the blessing of fleas.

Annmarie Miles said...

V challenging Fergmeister!

What ever you a filled with is what spills when you're broken so I've been told.

xx

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,