Saturday, March 21, 2009

It can be hard to think of titles for posts.

Greetings from Sydney. It's been nearly 2 weeks I think since we last conversed. Again I will blame Australia and it's severe lack of good broadband at campsites!
The past two weeks have been great. After our turnaround and the turn in the weather we decided to stay in one site for a few days. Weather all along the east coast was pretty bad so we figured a place with good coffee and a good bookshop would do us well. It did.
The weather didn't really bother us that much. We've been really enjoying our theologically challenging books so it gave us plenty of time to do some reading and also enjoy the very tasty coffee nearby. As my mind is being stirred a lot (Jane's too) a few musings on Jesus and perhaps theology may be on the way.
We found a church that we got to go to on the Sunday which was great. Not the greatest message I've ever heard but still, always good to fellowship.
The lack of football/rugby viewing over here has been a slight frustration for me. Especially last weekend, Ireland setting themselves up for a first grandslam in 60 years and Liverpool doing Man United in 4-1 (what a beautiful scoreline) at Old Trafford. I walked the streets of the town we were in in search of somewhere to watch the games to no avail. Although I was updated throughout via text from my brother which meant a very late night. It was gracious of him to let me know the United Liverpool score through his tears.
Patricks day was unfortunately a non runner for us. We were in a town which one might call hicksville so there was no chance of a bit of banter. The more we're away from home the more we appreciate it. Not that I particularly appreciate Dublin on Patricks night as it turns into a complete cess pitt but we miss most things Irish. I do have to say that over here at least Australians call it St. Patricks day or St. Paddy's day. Americans call it St. Patty's day. Someone needs to tell them that it wasn't Patricia, it was Patrick. I hope you all had good Patricks day banter.
The weather picked up at the start of last week so we decided to do a 600k drive to a really nice place we'd been to before called Hawk's Nest so we could chill out for a few days and enjoy the amazing beach and weather there. We slept under a canopy of stars. The sky was incredible at night as we were so far from a city so there were no lights to take away from it's glory.
We dropped our little campervan back yesterday in Sydney. A shame to part from it; but we'll be getting another one in New Zealand. Sleeping in a big bed again is so nice. We're staying in the midst of Sydney for a couple of days and then staying with relations of Jane who I think are pretty close to Sydney as well. First impressions are a gorgeous city. And two extremely tasty steaks last night for 5 euro each, one can't complain about that!
Tonight we're off to Hillsong. We're really looking forward to that. Mega churches are not to everyones taste and I definitely don't think I'd attend one as church is all about community; Sunday mornings are more like seminars on how to be the church. However, I'm really looking forward to going to a church who's music has richly blessed me and most believers around the world. I'll let you know how it was.
I'll finish with two things that made me happy yesterday; 1. I found a place that will be showing the Ireland rugby game tonight. Hooray. Yes it's on at 4:30am over here but I don't care, I need to see it. And 2. My brother came up trumps with U2 tickets. Good times.
Till next time...