Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Christchurch, NZ




We left Sydney on Monday 30th March due to fly out at 9:!5am. At 9am just as we were about to board, Qantas decided to go on strike; well done union. I hate unions. Strike lasted for four hours. Missed our van pick up time and our campsite accommodation, however this did mean that we had to stay in a hotel for the night which was so nice. I think my new favourite food is lamb. That hotel did tasty lamb. Poor little fella.
We landed in Christchurch so figured we'd stay there for a few days. It's a great little city. A lot smaller than Dublin and extremely chilled out. Our campsite was about a 3 minute walk from the main square which was fantastic. We wandered the city and enjoyed the coffee. Our campervan is so much nicer than the last one. It's got a hi-top which means we can stand up and the layout is much better. We'll need more comfort here as the weather won't be as nice as Australia.
Christchurch has one of the nicest Indian take aways I've ever had. 10$ for a meal with rice and naan. That's less than 5 euro, so tasty. Christchurch also has a second hand Christian bookstore with over 60,000 books. My head nearly blew off. That was until I realised that they didn't have any books published after the eighties. If only I had a portable book reviewer with me to assess some of the books; I'm sure there were some winners there but I left empty handed. The second hand cd store on the other hand, I could have left there with the whole shop. Cracking selection and prices. I guess I'm a changed man though as out of 25 Pearl Jam bootlegs at a cost of 7 euro each I bought none.
While walking through the square one afternoon we saw what looked like a familiar face. I denied the fact but Jane insisted. She was right, it was a friend from church Lucinda. It was awesome. We got to have a coffee with her a couple of days later. So nice to see a friend from home.
From Christchurch we went to a place called Lake Tekapo, that needs a whole seperate post. Breathtaking.

3 comments:

Suz Fry said...

You're in NZ!!! Every little town will need an entire post to itself, enjoy the views, even the long drives through the country are breathtaking!

Peter Kirk said...

I loved Christchurch when I was there a few years ago - and the whole of the South Island, but I didn't get to Lake Tekapo.

Oddly enough I have been in contact with several people in Christchurch over the last few days. I have had trouble on my blog with a rogue commenter from there using multiple identities. I have also been in touch with a lady commenting on another blog, Rosemary Behan, who is I think the minister's wife at St John's evangelical Anglican church in central Christchurch. I'm sure they would welcome a blogger, even though they are more conservative than you and me. But Rosemary also said they had a problem with charismaniacs in NZ, and they may be more your cup of tea and mine!

I hope the rest of your trip goes well.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,