Saturday, April 25, 2009

How He Loves Us

A couple of posts ago I said how thankful I was that I came across the song 'How He Loves Us'. I posted a version by Kim Walker of Jesus Culture singing it as that is the first version I heard. However, the song is written by a guy called John Mark McMillan and if you're interested his website is here and you can buy the song on itunes. Both versions (Jesus Culture & John Mark) are very different and both worth the listen. The original version is very raw and if you don't shed a tear while listening to it, I would think there may be something wrong with your emotions! It's about him losing his best friend Stephen in a car crash and despite the pain he knows the Father's affection for Him. God meets us in our deepest pain and reveals himself to be so much more real to us than we could have ever imagined. As Kim Walker said in the version I posted, God's love is to be experienced not just read about.


Well, I thought about You the day Stephen died and You met me between my breaking
I know that I still love You, God, despite the agony
...they want to tell me You're cruel
But if Stephen could sing, he'd say it's not true, cause......

He loves us