Friday, May 15, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire



The feel good movie of the year


Am I the only person who thinks that the above quote is a complete lie. How was I meant to feel good watching that movie? I had waited a while to see it and we eventually watched it a couple of nights ago and man we felt like the life had been sucked out of us. I won't go into details of the movie in case someone reading hasn't seen it but there is so much in that movie to not feel good about, a boy winning "who wants to be a millionaire" didn't trump any of the depressing scenes we had to sit through to get to it. And right before the final question is a dreadful scene and then we see everyone dancing around in a train station. It just gave me a really uneasy feeling in my stomach.
Apologies to all who 'loved' it. I really liked it until I actually saw it! I had read reviews and it seemed so great and such a cool story line but I was thoroughly disappointed. Wolverine on the other hand was awesome!!!