Sunday, September 20, 2009

More sloppy wet kisses!!

I wrote about the line 'a sloppy wet kiss' a while ago here. Well John Mark McMillan has written his own take on the issue. He's the author of the song so he has a bit more authority to talk about it than me. Although he'd actually probably disagree with me there
it honestly doesn’t really belong to me, or Kim Walker, or David Crowder. It belongs to them (the listeners)


You can read what he has to say here. It's a great read and I'm glad he wrote about it. If you don't want to read the whole blog, his final words are:

I applaud David for changing the line to serve his people, and at the same time I boo the machinery that would cause him to have to do so.


I still have my own convictions and think if you're going to sing the song, sing the whole song and allow the true meaning of it to saturate you. What are we so afraid of??




"Polarize people. If you create something great you will create controversy. Better for people to love or hate your product than be indifferent to it."