Saturday, June 19, 2010

We've only glimpsed his vast affection

I heard this song the night of it's début when we were in Bethel church a few weeks ago and I can't get it out of my head. Thought I'd share it here. It's not the best recording, but you'll get the gist of it. Hoping it gets on a proper cd recording soon. It's by Jeremy Riddle who is a very anointed worship leader and gifted song writer. I just love the overarching theme that we have absolutely no idea just how much God loves us, but he's on a mission to let us know. His love being furious reminds me of when you're a kid and you believe that your Dad is stronger than anyone elses Dad. Even though my Dad had a dodgy leg and didn't stand much taller than 5 feet I was still convinced that he'd beat the head of anyone else cause he was so strong. I needed to believe that, I needed to believe that my Dad would always keep me safe. Well I think that what it means for God to be jealous or of him being furious as described in this song is that sense of God being bigger than any of our enemies and his being furious against sin and death and the enemy on our behalf. He is determined to reveal his love to us, bring us into his family and keep us there!


Nothing can tear us from
The grip of his mighty love
We’ve only glimpsed his vast affection
Heard whispers of His heart and passion
It’s pouring down


His love is deep, His love is wide and it covers us

His love is fierce, His love is strong, it is furious

His love is sweet, His love is wild and it’s waking hearts to life



The Father loves and sends His Son
The Son lays down His life for all
He lavishes His love upon us
He calls us now His sons and daughters
He’s reaching out

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This song is so amazing,deep,wide,fierce,strong,furious,sweet,and wild..all perfect words to describe His love<3